Who is running as a Third Party in the US Presidential Election?
On November 3, 中国福利彩票安卓版, the American people will be put to task in one of the most talked-about elections in years. The people will have the choice to either reelect Republican Donald Trump as the president of the United States or to elect his Democrat opponent, who will be either Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders.
Naturally, there are many people who are unhappy with the idea of Trump being president, but they don't like Sanders or Biden either. But there are many third-party candidates in the running.
Not all third party options will be available on all ballots. The Constitution, Green, and Libertarian Parties are the only ones with ballot access in at least ten states. The other smaller candidates are open in a few states. Others would require write-in votes.
Constitution - Don Blankenship
The Constitution Party is a group formerly known as the U.S. Taxpayers' Party. The party argues that the principles of the United States Constitution should be used today. An originalist approach is used, stating that laws should be based on what the writers of the Constitution had in mind. A party is a right-wing group with a slight Christian right and fiscal conservatism bent.
West Virginia-based coal executive Don Blankenship will run for the Constitution Party in 中国福利彩票安卓版.
Green - Howie Hawkins
The Green Party is a left-wing anti-capitalist party that focuses on green politics. The party emphasizes environmentalism, nonviolence, and LGBT rights. Ralph Nader won nearly 3 percent of the popular vote on the Green Party in 2000.
Green Party co-founder Howie Hawkins will represent the party in 中国福利彩票安卓版. He was a three-time nominee for being the governor of New York.
Libertarian - Jacob Hornberger
The Libertarian Party focuses on economic freedom and is the largest third party in the country中国福利彩票安卓版. More than half a million people are registered with the party. Gary Johnson earned about 3 percent of the popular vote with the party in 2016.
Future of Freedom Foundation president Jacob Hornberger is the candidate for the party. He won the primary over "Vermin Love Supreme," a performance artist who has run for the presidency in every election since 1992.
There are many other third-party options to note:
- The American Solidarity Party will be represented by California educator Brian Carroll. The Christian democratic party focuses on a social market economy and religious freedom.
- The Bread and Roses Party will be represented by party founder and philosopher Jerome Segal. The party focuses on limited government and individual liberty.
- Nevada trustee Phil Collins is running under the Prohibition Party. The party was formed in 1869 and is dedicated to temperance, a movement opposing the consumption of alcohol.
- Texas labor worker Alyson Kennedy is running with the Socialist Workers Party. The party focuses on a communist approach to running the country中国福利彩票安卓版. The party is a strong supporter of Cuba.
- California activist Gloria La Riva is running under the Party for Socialism and Liberation. The party also supports a communist agenda. La Riva's running mate is Leonard Peltier, an American Indian rights activist who is serving two life sentences in prison for first-degree murder. His trial has been considered by Amnesty International to be unfair.